EMENFUCKOS. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

About Me

My photo
I am from Chicago one of the most overlooked cities when it comes to graffiti or anything else.I started taking pictures of graffiti in the fall of 05' and instantly got hooked. My goal is to put Chicago on the map to show that not only L.A. and New York have a thriving graffiti scene. One day i plan to turn this hobby into a 9 to 5. I want to show people the many wonders this world has to offer through my photography. I want to expose them to the things they turn a blind eye to on a daily basis to make them realize that there is more to the world then the cubicle that surrounds them.

Search My Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cameras make Chicago most closely watched US city

Chicago Police


As technology takes over our lives privacy almost becomes non-existent. Chicago police camera adorn our light poles on our city streets. What good is a camera if no one is watching the live feed? Does it matter that it was caught on video? Maybe in court but the reality is the crime still happened with or without the camera.

Many people agree that these camera's are for our own safety. When i walk around the city catching photographs it is the exact opposite somehow myself and other photographers are viewed as a threat.Why i do not know. Maybe it is because just like the watchers can watch us, we can also watch the watchers. I for one do not agree with being watched every minute of every day.If we allow them to take over our streets with camera's for our own good. We will soon see them in our homes to protect us not from intruders but from ourselves.

There is approximately 10,000 cameras that are networked together in the city but since 2006 they have only been able to make 4,000 arrest. They bust vandal and photographers, but they cant stop the spread of gangs,shootings, murders in the city.

Read the article and inform yourselves.


Cameras make Chicago most closely watched U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment